This six-month program is designed so that you can hone in one area and develop specialised knowledge. With diverse modules like Art History or Sociology, students will develop their analytical and critical thinking through advanced level coursework.
The Postgraduate Certificate is offered full-time or part-time.For those looking for a more focused stream of study, we offer the following Certificates. Please note that each has its own pre-requisites and course structure, which you can read about in the Handbook links provided.
Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Ethics
The Professional Ethics stream is designed for those who want to develop their knowledge as well as professionals who want to gain an in-depth understanding of key theories and concepts. Subjects like Ethical Theory and Practice teach students the philosophical roots of ethics and allows them to grasp the meaning of Professional Ethics in a wider social context. Students will also have the opportunity to choose from a range of specialised electives.View the Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Ethics Handbook entry.
Postgraduate Certificate in Arts (Editing and Communication)
In subjects such as Print Production and Design and The Contemporary Publishing Industry, students will learn about the ever-changing publishing and communications industries. With practical modules like Writing and Editing for Digital Media, students will be introduced to modern editorial methods across a range of media. Graduates from this program will have advanced skills and can become innovators in the editing and communications industry.View the Postgraduate Certificate in Arts (Editing and Communication) Handbook entry.
You will have the opportunity to
- Explore and debate the changes in modern issues that concern you, and work towards implementing changes you want to see.
- Become acquainted with important issues and conceptual frameworks relating to the area of study.
- Develop analytical and critical capacities, and the ability to apply these to contemporary issues in practical contexts.
- Demonstrate familiarity with key terms and concepts.
- Develop a solid background for further studies and research.
- Tailor your study via a range of electives.
- Study at your own pace, and benefit from flexible options including evening classes.
- Set strong foundations for the future, whether as a means of progressing to further postgraduate study, or improving the scope of employment options and professional advancement.