This six-month program is designed so that you can hone in one area and develop specialised knowledge. With diverse modules like Art History or Sociology, students will develop their analytical and critical thinking through advanced level coursework.
The Postgraduate Certificate is offered full-time or part-time.
For those looking for a more focused stream of study, we offer the following Certificates. Please note that each has its own pre-requisites and course structure, which you can read about in the Handbook links provided.
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Journalism
The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Journalism is part of a proposed nested suite of courses associated with the already established Master of Journalism. The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Journalism encompasses three compulsory subjects including Researching/Writing Stories, Video and Audio Journalism and Dilemmas in Journalism: Law and Ethics. Together these subjects represent basic journalistic skills and understandings.View the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Journalism Handbook entry.
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Arts (Publishing and Communication)
In subjects such as Print Production and Design and The Contemporary Publishing Industry, students will learn about the ever-changing publishing and communications industries. With practical modules like Writing and Editing for Digital Media, students will be introduced to modern editorial methods across a range of media. Graduates from this program will have advanced skills and can become innovators in the publishing and communications industry.View the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Arts (Publishing and Communication) Handbook entry.
You will have the opportunity to
- Explore and debate the changes in modern issues that concern you, and work towards implementing changes you want to see.
- Become acquainted with important issues and conceptual frameworks relating to the area of study.
- Develop analytical and critical capacities, and the ability to apply these to contemporary issues in practical contexts.
- Demonstrate familiarity with key terms and concepts.
- Develop a solid background for further studies and research.
- Tailor your study via a range of electives.
- Study at your own pace, and benefit from flexible options including evening classes.
- Set strong foundations for the future, whether as a means of progressing to further postgraduate study, or improving the scope of employment options and professional advancement.