100 point program
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- concurrent enrolment in an approved University of Melbourne graduate coursework or research higher degree program
Please note: Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance
Please note: Quotas may apply for individual language streams.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants will satisfy the University's English language requirements for the Diploma by meeting the English language requirements for the graduate coursework or research higher degree in which they are enrolled concurrently.
- While it is possible to commence the diploma at various points within your Masters degree, you are strongly recommended to commence your chosen language in the first semester of your course. This will provide the greatest flexibility in both meeting course requirements and controlling the duration of your studies.
- Students are not granted credit for the Diploma of Languages in graduate programs. Students must complete either 200, 150 and 100 points in the Masters and also 100 points of the Diploma of Languages.
- The Diploma in Languages cannot be awarded until all requirements of both the diploma and the graduate coursework or research higher degree program have been met.
For application and further admission information for the Diploma please visit the Faculty of Arts website