Learn a language by studying the Diploma in Languages alongside your graduate degree at Melbourne.
The Diploma in Languages can be taken by students without previous language training, or by those seeking to develop existing language skills.
Studying a language through the Diploma in Languages enables you to focus on your desired majors of study without missing out on the opportunity to improve your competitiveness in the international career market with a language qualification.
Domestic students may be eligible to receive the final half of the diploma HECS-free.
Areas of study
You can study the following languages in the diploma:
- Ancient Greek
On completion of the Diploma in Languages, students should:
- have acquired a mastery of both oral/aural and writing/reading skills comparable to that of a student majoring in a language discipline;
- have gained a basic understanding of selected aspects of the culture (or cultures) and of the society (or societies) associated with the language;
- communicate effectively in a variety of oral and written formats, and, in the case of those students undertaking a language major, read, write, listen and speak another language with fluency and appreciate its cultural contexts.
Semester One (February) 2018 entry
31 October 2017
It is strongly recommended your application is submitted by the following dates to ensure enough time for your student visa processing.
- 31 October, 2017 for Semester 1, 2018 intake
- 31 March, 2018 for Semester 2, 2018 intake
- Later applications may be accepted from onshore applicants. Please email Arts Grad admissions
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page.