3 to 4 years full-time / 6 to 8 years part-time
full-time unavailable / part-time unavailable
In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a four-year honours degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component, equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study. Applicants should have achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% in the final year subjects, or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, with a minimum result of 80% for the research component; or
- a Masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component, equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study. Applicants should have achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent with a minimum result of 80% for the research component; or
- a qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
In ranking applications, the selection committee will consider applicants':
- availability of appropriate supervision, subject to academic staff capacity*
- prior academic performance and, if relevant, professional qualifications
- understanding of the research question to be explored
- demonstrated ability in academic writing
- performance at an interview
- motivation and capacity to complete the course in a timely manner
- relevant prior research and/or professional experience
- referee reports; and
- competiveness for scholarship allocation
*Having an academic staff member indicate willingness to supervise does not guarantee selection.
The selection committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
Applicants are required to satisfy the University's English language requirements for graduate courses. The minimum English language requirements for this course are: Band 7
English language requirements
You must meet the English language requirements of the university to be eligible for a place. You can satisfy the English language requirements in a number of ways, depending on your circumstances. Please visit the university's Future Students English language requirements web page for the options available to you.