Explore and debate the changes in modern issues that concern you, and work toward implementing the changes you want to see. These two advanced six-month Certificates focus on analytical and research techniques, which will enable you to gain practical skills that can be applied through internships and placements.
Graduate Certificate in Journalism (Advanced)
This Certificate is associated with the already established Master of Journalism. Four core compulsory subjects will develop your critical and technical skills, while a number of journalism-related electives build on this skillset. Together, these subjects represent integral journalistic skills and understandings, with opportunities to study a limited number of advanced subjects.
Graduate Certificate in Publishing and Communication (Advanced)
Through subjects like Print Production and Design or The Contemporary Publishing Industry, you’ll learn the skills needed to adapt to the ever-changing publishing and communications industries. With practical modules like Writing and Editing for Digital Media, you’ll master the modern editorial methods across a range of media.
Who is it for?
For those looking for a more focused stream of study, we offer the Certificates above. Each program has its own entry requirements and course structure, which you can read about in the Handbook. They are also offered full-time or part-time.
Where will it take me?
On graduation from a Graduate Certificate in Arts (Advanced), you’ll be ready for work in professional fields including:
- Publishing and communications
- Policy and management
- Journalism, editing and writing.
Graduates from this degree have worked as:
- Editor and journalist
- Senior policy advisor
Semester Two (July) 2017 entry
31 May 2017
Semester One (February) 2018 entry
31 October 2017
- It is strongly recommended that applications are submitted by 31 October, 2017 for Semester 1, 2018 intake and 31 March, 2017 for Semester 2, 2018 intake to ensure that your application is assessed in time for processing of student visas.
- Later applications may be accepted from onshore applicants. Please email Arts Grad admissions
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page.