Use the conceptual frameworks in your area of study to develop the analytical and critical capacities you need to apply to the contemporary issues facing your chosen field. This program enables you to gain practical skills that can be applied through internships and placements.
The Graduate Diploma of Arts (Advanced) can also be used as a pathway into a Master of Arts (Advanced Seminar and Shorter Thesis), Master of Arts (Thesis Only), or Doctor of Philosophy
Who is it for?
The Graduate Diploma of Arts (Advanced) is intended for those looking for a specific, professionally-focused stream of study that can also lead to further study. Each course above has its own entry requirements and course structure, which you can read about in the Handbook.
Where will it take me?
On graduation from a Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced), you'll be ready for work in professional fields including:
- Publishing and communications
- Arts Policy and management
- Journalism, editing and writing
Graduates from this degree have worked at:
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health
- St Albans Secondary College
- Department of Finance and Deregulation
Graduates from this degree have gone on to study:
- Master of Coursework
- Master of Research
- Doctor of Philosophy
- 31 May, 2018 for Semester 2, 2018 intake*
- 31 October, 2018 for Semester 1 2019 intake
It is strongly recommended your application is submitted by the following dates to ensure enough time for your student visa processing.
- Later applications may be accepted from onshore applicants. Please email Arts Grad admissions
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page.
*Please note: This is a late application closing date. Submitting your application during this period may impact on your ability to receive a visa in time for commencement of classes. The Department of Home Affairs suggests submitting your visa application no later than 6 weeks before class commencement to avoid late commencement, and no earlier than 3 months before you are due to commence. Please see the Future students website for more details