Learn to execute news copy with high-level oral and written communication skills back up by expertise in researching, writing and editing your own work. The Graduate Diploma in Journalism (Advanced) develops your advanced and practical understanding of how news stories are put together to ensure you can critically reflect on the challenges media professionals face in journalism.
Who is it for?
The program is intended for those looking for a specific, professionally-focused stream of study in journalism. Whether you want to work in print, digital, online, offline, or on the air, the Graduate Diploma in Journalism (Advanced) will impart the essential skills you need to tell news stories with integrity and grit. You can read more in the Handbook.
Where will it take me?
Career outcomes for the Graduate Diploma in Journalism (Advanced) reach across all media platforms. Get your head start pursuing roles including:
- TV, print or radio journalist and reporter
- Editor and subeditor
- Blogger and copywriter.
Semester One (February) 2018 entry
31 October 2017
It is strongly recommended your application is submitted by the following dates to ensure enough time for your student visa processing.
- 31 October, 2017 for Semester 1, 2018 intake
- 31 March, 2018 for Semester 2, 2018 intake
- Later applications may be accepted from onshore applicants. Please email Arts Grad admissions
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page.