Don’t just understand the important issues and conceptual frameworks relating to your area of study, but develop the analytical and critical capacities you need to apply to contemporary issues. A Graduate Certificate in Arts at the University of Melbourne builds a solid foundation for your further studies and research. You’ll use relevant technologies to understand the best way to handle research tasks. Areas of study include Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Media and Communications, Philosophy, and Politics and International Studies.
Who is it for?
Whether you want to consolidate knowledge you already have or become more equipped for the industry that you’re in, the Graduate Certificate in Arts imparts expert knowledge in your selected field. This Certificate is useful for qualified secondary teachers, who may be able to teach in an area of specialisation, or for those returning to study.
Over a short six-month course of study, you can study at your own pace through flexible study options, including evening classes. Opt for full-time or part-time study and open the pathway into a graduate diploma, a graduate certificate (advanced) or many Masters by coursework degrees.
Where will it take me?
Depending on the area of study you specialise in, with a Graduate Certificate in Arts you can expect to advance in areas including:
- Higher research and academia
- Public service
- Entry-level positions.
Graduates from this degree have worked at:
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health
- St Albans Secondary College
- Department of Finance and Deregulation.
Semester Two (July) 2017 entry
31 May 2017
Semester One (February) 2018 entry
31 October 2017
- It is strongly recommended that applications are submitted by 31 October, 2017 for Semester 1, 2018 intake and 31 March, 2017 for Semester 2, 2018 intake to ensure that your application is assessed in time for processing of student visas.
- Later applications may be accepted from onshore applicants. Please email Arts Grad admissions
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page.