- 31 October 2018 for Semester 1 2019 intake
- 31 March 2019 for Semester 2, 2019 intake
- Scholarship deadlines
Later international applications for Semester 1, 2019 may be accepted for some courses through until 31 December 2018. In applying past the deadline, students should take into account student visa deadlines.
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page
Are you applying for more than one GSHSS course?
If you would like to apply for more than one degree within the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, please be sure to register your preferences online.
- You second preference will only be considered your application for your first preference is unsuccessful. If you would like more than one preference to be assessed, you'll need to send a special request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If application for your first preference is unsuccessful, the Selection Committee will normally make an alternative offer as a pathway into your first preference (based on your individual case)
- You will be automatically considered for a Commonwealth Supported Place, if eligible. If unsuccessful, you will automatically be considered for an Australian Fee Place
What you need to know before applying
Check out our video that explains everything you need to know before applying. It covers entry requirements, different point programs, the application process and fees - for both domestic and international students.
Frequently asked questions
Supporting documents for your application
Applicants must provide scanned copies of all original academic transcripts for studies not completed at The University of Melbourne. (If you are currently studying or have previously studied at The University of Melbourne, we can access your results). You will need to be able to produce original documents if requested, however for the purpose of applying you can scan a copy and upload this during the online application process.
Documents must include an official key that explains the grades for each institution. When submitting, please:
- Ensure all documents clearly identify your name, application ID Number, and degree applied for
- Include your current CV and contact details of at least two professional referees if you have relevant work experience or your previous studies were completed more than 10 years ago
- Provide an official certified English translation of any document that is not written in English
Other important things to keep in mind:
- If you are studying outside The University of Melbourne in the current semester, you are required to provide an official record/transcript of your current degree results to date, either as an uploaded electronic file during your online application or via post
- If you hold an Honours degree relevant to your Masters application that is not listed on your transcript, please provide a synopsis for review
- You may also wish to submit a personal statement highlighting key aspects of their application and interest in the degree