The Graduate Diploma in Arts and Cultural Management (Advanced) prepares you for work in diverse arts industry environments, ranging from large organisations and government departments to self-employment. Develop an understanding and appreciation of the arts, and build the range of skills you’ll need to manage cultural resources, both human and material.
Learn to communicate and negotiate the priorities of art materials with a range of people and organisations, including arts organisations, artists, government administrators, funding bodies, professional organisations and unions. Use your knowledge to plan, coordinate, make decisions, solve problems, and manage human and physical resources.
Who is it for?
If you want to demonstrate a sense of commitment and responsibility to artists and the advancement and preservation of culture within the broader community, the Graduate Diploma in Arts and Cultural Management (Advanced) will give you the skillset to function as an accountable and highly skilled worker in the arts industry.
Where will it take me?
With a Graduate Diploma in Arts and Cultural Management (Advanced) you can expect to advance your career in areas including:
- Cultural policy development and evaluation
- Festivals, galleries and museums
- Art marketing, development, philanthropy and fundraising
- Theatre, dance and performing arts
Arts and Cultural Management graduates have worked at leading arts and cultural organisations in Australia and internationally, including:
- Roundabout Theatre, New York
- Arts Centre Melbourne
- Edinburgh International Comedy Festival
- Australia Ballet
- 31 March 2019 for Semester 2, 2019 intake (please note: late applications will be accepted until 31 May 2019)
- 31 October 2019 for Semester 1 2020 intake
- Scholarship deadlines
In applying past the deadline, students should take into account student visa deadlines.
International applicants can apply up to one year in advance of their studies. That is, if a student would like to commence in Semester 1, they can apply from Semester 1 of the previous year
- For more detailed information please visit the Graduate Coursework application information web page